goodie pocket





THIS BLOG IS NO LONGER BEING UPDATED

PLEASE VISIT MY WEBSITE FOR MORE UP-TO-DATE CONTENT

[I WILL KEEP THIS UP FOR THE VALUE OF THE BLOG POSTS...MAYBE SOMEDAY I WILL RESTART POSTING]






Thursday, January 7, 2010

Silverton Film Festival

I went to 'The Beating' film festival the other night in Silverton, CO. I had submitted my film 'Home Sweet Home.." into the festival and it was shown to a full bar in the company of 9 other great ski and snowboard films. I have shown a video at the festival since its start three years ago and hope to continue being able to for years to come. It is a very unique festival for numerous reasons...the first, there is no other place like Silverton. The second, the audience for these films are people who live and breath these two sports so it is fun to see their reactions and simply the excitement in the room is pretty awesome. Third, and perhaps most importantly, it is an amateur film festival, one that allows filmmakers like myself to see their edits on a big screen, is a feeling like no other (any filmmaker will agree with this). Anyways, this year my good friend Ben Knight won the festival and the Heli Ski Drop at Silverton with his edit 'Scattered Flurries' (posted below).

[scattered flurries] from felt soul media on Vimeo.



Felt Soul Media, which Ben is part of, produced the outstanding film 'Red Gold' the other year that went around the world winning awards at numerous film festivals (the teaser is also posted below). I would truly recommend this film to anyone.

Red Gold | trailer from felt soul media on Vimeo.



Ben is also the man who recommended me to apply to the Banff Mountain Film Festival's Filmmakers Workshop, which I was accepted into in September (yes I know this post is a couple months behind haha). This workshop was unbelievable...not only did I get to watch many of the films being shown at the festival, but I was in 'class' with less than 30 other filmmakers everyday for a week from 9-5 nerding out about filming...learning how to pitch a film, editing techniques, etc etc. Probably what I value most from the workshop were the invaluable connections I made during my time there.
Anyways, after the festival, I was asked to do an interview on the festival, part of which can be seen in this festival recap:

Freeskier & Coors host "The Beating Film Festival" in Silverton CO from Rex Lint on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment